Thursday, February 15, 2007

American Football, an Oxymoron


Hello Everyone, here i am with my brand new rather first Sports Blog. It gets its name partly because of my extreme love for sports and the mainframe part was added since i am a software engineer by profession, so I thought it would be good to mix them both up in order to find such a title for my blog that hasn’t already been used by 620,000 other blogs.

To start with, the post will be a short one, posing a question about American Football, isn’t it an oxymoron??



Playing Football? Where are the Feet then?

The very name of the sport has always been very puzzling because the player’s feet(after which we get the name football) are seldom involved in maneuvering the ball.

There may be other ones too but maybe I am not fully aware of them, so I’d invite my readers to please share their knowledge about such oxymora in sports so that we can take this discussion forward.

No comments: